MARBC Talents for Christ section on this site
“He….encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord.” Acts 11:23
Failure Is An Event – Not A Person!
VI. During times of failure we must not forget the purpose of our call
Note: Times of failure are gentle reminders to reexamine our call, renew our commitment, stop having pity parties and remember that failure is not a person – it is an event! From time to time it is very important for us to truly examine our hearts and be reminded of our call to ministry. In each of the lives of these three men who sensed failure and wanted to quit, “The Word of the Lord came…..” This is why it is so important for us to stay in the Word of God. God’s instruction to Moses was “Go teach….” – to Elijah, “Go touch….” and to Jonah, “Go tell…” This is about as simple as it can be explained. In fact, if I am not mistaken, this is basically, in reverse order, the Great Commission!
[Read more…] about The Barnabas File – Volume 4 Number 12 10/18/04
- You have heaven to win or lose yourselves…A holy calling will not save an unholy man.
- You have sinful inclinations as well as others.
- You have greater temptations than most men.
- The tempter will make his first and sharpest onset upon you. If you will be leaders against him, he will spare you no further than God restrains him.
- Many eyes are upon you, and therefore there will be many to observe your falls.
- Your sins are more aggravated than those of other men. They have more of hypocrisy in them.
- The honor of your Lord and Master, and of His holy truth, doth lie more on you than other men.
- The souls of your hearers and the success of your labors, do very much depend upon your self-examination.
Volume 50, Number 9, October – 2004 Issue of the Baptist Testimony
From Where I Stand
Maynard H. Belt
MARBC State Representative
"The Hand of God and the Arm of Flesh!"
Well, dear friends, once again we are just around the corner from our 62nd Annual MARBC Conference which will be hosted this year, October 25-26, by Pastor Tom Townsend and the dear folks at the First Baptist Church in Rochester. You will enjoy their lovely facilities, as together, we worship and learn from the Lord. For nearly 30 years I have been attending these conferences, even before I was a part of the MARBC Fellowship, and I have never been disappointed yet.
[Read more…] about The Hand of God and the Arm of Flesh!
The Lord calls men to shepherd His flock. But nowhere in Scripture does God call His people a herd. They are a flock, and the leaders are called shepherds. There is one distinctive thing about sheep: they cannot be driven. You can drive a herd of cattle….but you cannot drive sheep. They must be led!