The Michigan State Police Training Academy is presenting a one-day seminar on security issues in places of worship. This course will include a number of segments presented by members of the Michigan State Police who specialize in those areas. The course is ideal for clergy and others who are involved or may become involved in maintaining security at their facilities.
The following topics will be covered:
- Physical campus security issues
- Proactive steps to children’s ministry protection
- How to do a criminal history background check for non-profits
- Policies, procedures, and legal aspects
- Identifying and handling suspicious or dangerous people
- Critical incident readiness for places of worship
Date: Monday, April 22, 2013
Registration deadline is Friday, April 5, 2013
Time: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Place: Michigan State Police Training Academy Auditorium, 7426 N. Canal Road, Lansing, MI 48913
Cost: $50 (Includes lunch and all materials.) Payment must be made prior to, or the day of, training. Cash, checks, or credit card payments are accepted.
Registration must be completed online. Enter course code ”1026462” in the Search by Course ID box, then click the course link. On the Registration Tab, click Go to Step 2 of Registration. You will be redirected to the MSP Web site to enter additional information. Registration is not final until Step 2 is completed.
For more information, contact Ms. Marilu Anglebrandt at (517) 636-0464. This class is MCOLES approved.