“Reflecting God’s Grace”
69th Annual MARBC Conference
“Testify to the gospel of the grace of God,” Acts 20:24
October 24-25, 2011
Monday, October 24
- Ken Floyd — “God’s Gracious Servants: The Ministry of the Gospel of the Grace of God,” Acts 20:17-38
- Grace Relations, Charles Ware
Grace to forgive through the Cross & transformation through the truth reunites and heals those whose relationships were broken by sin. The Cross reminds us that such unity did not come easily or cheaply. The family of God must reflect God’s grace by intentionally crossing unbiblical, man-made human boundaries.
- What if I Give All I Have? Terre Ritchie
If you think you’re giving enough of yourself, you might want to ask this question. Find out what God may be asking you to ‘give up’ in your life. You might be surprised!
Tuesday, October 25
Workshops Session 1
- But the Siblings are Different Colors, Dave and Carolyn Culver
Christian multi-ethnic families are already reflecting God’s grace, but have some specific challenges and dynamics. Dave and Carolyn Culver are learning about those in their own children’s lives through multi- ethnic marriage, third culture children, and adoption.
- A Roadmap for Building in Tough Economic Times – Part 1, Jeff Parker
Ideas for working with buildings that are too small or dysfunctional for current ministry needs.
- Building Redemptive Relationships, Dan and Kathy Pugh
Learning to practice great redemptive words such as grace; confession; forgiveness; unity; and peace
- That Couldn’t Be God Asking Me to Do That, Could It? Terre Ritche
If you are afraid of change, you might want to attend this workshop!
- Social Involvement Without the Social Gospel, Joel Shaffer
Reflecting God’s grace through a theology of social responsibility for the church
- The World at Our Doorstep, Mark Sigmon
Insights and ideas for effective local ethnic outreach
Workshops Session 2
- A Roadmap for Building in Tough Economic Times – Part 2, Jeff Parker
Ideas for church design, capital campaigns, and construction management; includes a panel discussion by experts on church building
- Building a Culture of Peace, Dan and Kathy Pugh
Developing a Biblical plan for dealing with conflict in the church before it arises
- Safe Places on the Internet for Your Children and Students, Terre Ritchie
Information to assist you in helping children, students, and adults safely surf the web
- Gospel Centered Compassionate Ministry, Joel Shaffer
Reflecting God’s grace by launching a gospel-centered compassionate ministry in your community
- Your Greatest Mission: Your Greatest Impact, Mark Sigmon
Taking the Great Commission to the next level