The MARBC Council of 16, the governing board of the MARBC, has spent the past year prayerfully developing a set of core values to provide guidance for the development of the association in the next decade. These values continue to be evaluated and enhanced as input is received from the MARBC constituency.
MARBC Core Values:
• Biblically grounded and doctrinally conservative.
• Methodology that is progressive: understanding the culture in order to be relevant and effective.
• Innovative: trying new ideas in order to apply biblical truths and values.
• Non-hostile environments: recognizing that truth based love and unity are essential ingredients of church life.
• Connecting with the community: creating connective points with the unsaved.
• Accepting of differences: not every person/church must look the exactly the same.
• Multigenerational: all ages worshipping together.
Ken Floyd reflected upon these core values in the opening message of the 2016 annual conference, “Investing in Michigan:”
“This past year of ministry with the MARBC has been one of great faith and special blessing. The association has been refocused and strengthened in many ways. Not the least of these is the refocusing our vision upon what connects us together as a network of local churches and Christ’s servants: the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ and the way in which it is integrated into the investment strategies of our spiritual portfolios. What is it that will allow the MARBC to remain a valid partnership investment for those currently in the network and for those who might consider becoming shareholders? The result of these biblically focused, prayerful discussions was the restating of the specific core values that define the MARBC’s investment portfolio.”
A group of strategy meetings are being scheduled for February and early March in various regions of the the state to discuss these values and to receive input from the pastors and churches in the association. These meetings will be posted on the website and communicated in the MARBC Messenger once they have been finalized.